Top 5 Design Tips from our Design Team24 Jul 2014, Posted by Design in
Whether you are using one of our sample floor plans or sketching on a napkin, there are some key things to consider when designing your dream home.
1. Keep a list of features and characteristics that catch your eye. They may not all be implemented in your final design, but it’s worth keeping your ideas together throughout the process.
2. Start with the basics: How many bedrooms? Bathrooms? Family areas? Porch or deck? Garage? Open Concept?
3. Keep your land in mind. Each plot has pros and cons that you need to work with when creating your home design. Use these in your favour.
4. Make sure there is a logical flow to your home design. Is your kitchen easily accessible from the garage? Do your bedrooms offer enough privacy for yourselves and for guests? Are plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling systems in the best place possible?
5. Where is the sun? Place your windows to take advantage of natural light, the sunrise and/or the sunset.
Whatever you decide, you can rest assured that our design team will help to guide you through the process and help you to make the best choices for your family in your new home.