Why Log Cabins are the Ideal Retirement Home28 Aug 2013, Posted by Building log homes, Cabin Maintenance in
The majority of our population spends decades upon decades of punching a clock and working a long shift each and every day in order to build a respectable life. Although the work routine can feel tedious at times, there is a giant light at the end of the metaphorical working tunnel, as business owners and employees can at least look forward to retirement. Often times, workers save up a percentage of their earnings, or sell their current home to move into a new home for their retirement years.
For a variety of reasons, log cabins are one of the best types of living arrangements for recent retirees to spend their “freedom years” in. Let’s take a look at a couple of reasons why.
1) Log cabin homes help owners save money. Not only is the startup cost much lower than it would be to construct a home from different materials; log cabin homeowners also benefit from decreased energy bills and the need for less maintenance work.
2) Log cabin homes keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The thermal mass of wood will help you and your loved ones avoid shivering in the winter. Similarly, a log home collects and reserves cool air in the summer, before releasing it during the day, keeping the corridors of your home nice and cool.
3) Many people build their homes in a more secluded area, which is perfect for owners who have an affinity for tranquility and nature.
4) It’s something different. Living in a log cabin home will likely not resemble anything you’ve lived in before. Log cabin homes offer a unique rustic appeal, and remind us of a simpler time.
5) It can be a tremendous long-term investment. Log cabin homes are built to last, as evidenced by a plethora of log cabins around the country that are still sturdy after being erected centuries ago. As such, this investment is something you can hand down to your children, grandchildren etc.
If you would like to learn more about the many benefits of log cabin homes, please contact the experts at Pioneer Log Homes of British Columbia today!